The programme is focused on providing in-depth knowledge in digital and social media marketing & analytics strategy that would help in planning, implementing and measuring the digital and social media marketing activities to create awareness, and ultimately drive sales.
Get the foundation to specialize in the digital and social media marketing strategies, or those wanting to broaden their understanding in this domain. This six month certificate programme from IIM Calcutta would hone the general management skills followed by deep diving into the basic and advanced modules of marketing in the social and digital media platforms.
The course will focus on sharing the latest trends, best practices and technologies for effective digital and social media marketing. It will provide in-depth knowledge on digital and social media marketing and analytics: how to plan, implement and measure a digital marketing and social media strategy to create awareness, generate leads and ultimately drive sales. The program focuses on marketing strategy and digital strategy and builds on the three pillars of traditional marketing analytics, search marketing and social media listening and analytics.
The faculty will focus on the synergy between on-field practice and in-class learning.
Reasons why Executive Program in Digital & Social Media Marketing Strategy (EPDSMMS) is for you
- Prepare yourself for digital transformation to survive in the new millennium.
- Digital marketing is where customers, achieve the best and most cost effective result the organisation
- Get paid to be creative, opportunity to tickle your grey cells
- To equip managers and practitioners with advanced concepts and practices of digital marketing which will help them contribute directly to overall corporate successHighlight
- Specifically designed for working executives with all the flexibility benefits of learning from anywhere.
- Enables superior performance on the job. Exclusive focus on imparting relevant skills for career development.
- Books, cases and study materials are included in the course.
- Increased quality of interactions and peer group learning among participants.
- Participants are selected, based on elaborate selection process and profiling.
Who should attend?
The programme will be of interest to an executive or a manager from marketing, product / brand, and sales functions or a marketing analyst or business owner, who is planning to implement digital and social media marketing strategy to create brand awareness, enhance brand recall, generate leads and enhance customer experience.
Managers from other functional areas or a non-marketing background with a supporting role for organization’s marketing activities would also find the programme relevant.
Applicants should be working professionals/self-employed (Need to produce supporting proof)
Graduates (10+2+3 or equivalent). 50% marks [aggregate- considering results of all years (e.g. 3 or 4 together)] recognised by UGC/AICTE/DEC/AIU
Minimum 2 years of work experience (full-time paid employment) post completion of graduation in media, advertising, start-ups, social or digital media, e-commerce or related domains.
The programme will be highly experiential and interactive, comprising group-based or individual participant presentations and discussions, case studies, classroom lectures, simulations and presentations by experts from academia as well as industry.
This is a six months programme that is divided into three modules.
The online module would be delivered using direct to device mode in about 16 weeks. This would enable participants to attend the programme from the convenience of their homes or offices.
The remaining two modules will be conducted as face-to-face classes at IIM Calcutta campus. The durations of the two campus visits would be of 4 days each. The program will begin with a campus visit.
Frequency twice a week
Days: Wednesday & Saturday 6:45 PM to 9:45 PM
Duration- 6 months
1st campus visit - 4 days
2nd campus visit - 4 days
|Application Fee||INR 2500/-*|
|Programme Fee||INR 2,30,000/-*|
|Registration Fee||INR 5,750/-*|
|Campus Visit||INR 48,000/-*|
|Total Fee (exclusive of Application Fee)||INR 283,750/-*|
|Course Fee Instalment Schedule||I||II|
|Last Dates:||As per offer letter||08-December-2019|
|Amount INR||INR 139,000/- + 5750/- + GST||INR 139,000/- + GST|
Collection of Fee:
- Fees Mentioned above are exclusive of GST
- *GST (currently @ 18%) will be charged extra on these components
Any extra payment due to any change in any of the applicable taxes during the tenure of the program will have to be borne by the students
Last date of Application- 17th September 2019
Selection date - 24th September 2019
Batch start date- 16th November 2019
Installment date- As per offer letter
*Note- Dates are subject to change if applicable
Module 1: Understanding the strategic need for digital and social media marketing
- Marketing and Core Values
- Segmenting, Targeting and Positioning
- Formulating a Marketing Strategy
- Product and Brand Management
- Creating Differentiation through Digital Marketing
- The Digital Game Changes
- Case Studies in Digital Marketing
- Customer Acquisition & Centricity through Digital
- Agility through Mobile Channel
- Social Media Channels
- Simulation: Background
- Keywords Analysis
Module 2: Execution plans for digital and social media marketing
Module 2A: Principles of Marketing Management
- Sales and Distribution Management
- Market Research and A/B Testing
Module 2B: Search Engine Marketing
- Search Engine Optimization
- Introduction to Adwords
- Advanced Adwords
- Google Ads 2018
- Best Practices and Challenges in SEM
Module 2C: Web Design and Content Marketing
- Web Design and Email Marketing
- Content Strategy
Module 2D: Analytics I
- Business Intelligence
- Customer Relationship Management & Analytics
- Classification and Clustering
- Forecasting and Market Basket Analysis
- Discussion of Project Proposals
- Predictive Analytics & Big Data
- Social Media Analytics and User Generated Content
- Managing Analytics Projects in Organizations
- Analytics for IoT and Bots
Module 2E: Analytics II
- Digital Marketing Simulation Presentations
- Social Media Marketing – Simulation
- Social Media Listening and Analytics
- Web Analytics
- Competitor Intelligence
Module 2F: Social Media Marketing
- Facebook Ads
- Linked In and Instagram Advertisting
- Influencer Marketing
- Youtube and Viral Marketing
Module 3: Assessing the impact of digital and social media marketing
- Innovation for Digital Marketing
- Emerging Technologies for Digital Marketing
- Creating a Road Map for Digital Marketing Initiatives
- Best Practices in Digital and Social Media Marketing
- Understanding ROI for Digital Marketing Projects
- Leading and Managing Digital Marketing Teams
- Experience Sharing and Project Presentations
- Hands-on Simulation on Social Media Marketing
Project Component: All participants have to do a compulsory project based on a topic of their choice related to digital and/or social media marketing. Each project would be guided by a faculty from IIM Calcutta, besides an industry mentor to be chosen by the participant him/herself.
Simulations: All participants also have to complete two simulations.
First, participants will work on a digital marketing simulation
Second, all participants will work on a social media marketing simulation