There is an increasing appreciation of the role of human resources in the success of organizations across the entire industry spectrum. There is a need felt by both line managers and HR experts to understand and respond to HRM challenges at the “organizational” and “employee” level of analysis. Further, the policies and processes have to be identified after understanding the organizational context. Given that the context itself might be changing fast and becoming uncertain, it is imperative for organizations to develop nimble and flexible systems. This program aims to cover the canvas of HRM at both macro and micro level to equip the line managers dealing with human resources and human resource managers with contemporary knowledge and practices informed by valid findings from research. It intends to cover both basic and strategic HRM issues.
The program covers important aspects of behavioral science again focusing on behavior of both entities- employee and organization. At micro level the program includes discussion on personality and attitudes, perceptions, values; motivation; group behavior; leadership issues and so on. At macro level the discussion includes issues of organization design, structure, culture, technology and so forth.
The narrative of “customer” has become increasingly predominant in the organizational discourse. This program takes a very conscious and deliberate customer perspective- internal and external, in discussing the issues mentioned above. It takes the customer oriented view about managing human resources in manufacturing, services, and sales organizations. Because of the centrality of customer in services, the course has large service industry component. Even within, the organizations have tried to develop service culture with the concept of internal customer. And then organizations are managing talent by viewing their employees and prospective talent as customers. The program tries to address important issues of acquisition, retention, and management of talent and knowledge. The program covers the important techniques of competency mapping, assessment centers design, job evaluation, strategic fit analysis and so on. It also deals with specific issues of representative industries like healthcare, IT/outsourcing, financial services/professional services, sales, and manufacturing.
The program is designed to be experiential through case method teaching. Further, the course takes more business/ line managerial perspective on HRM, a prerequisite for successful HRM and general management professionals today.
- Recognized Certification from the foremost B School in the country
- Learning from the best faculty in India and Industry Experts
- Case studies and simulations
- Continue earningwhile you gain a high quality Certification and improve eligibility for better job profiles with a recognized certification
- Library Access
- Alumni membership of IIMC present globally - which has its own sets of advantages for identity, brand value, and marketability of the participants
The course intends to enhance participants’ understanding of:
- Human Resource Management policies and practices of acquisition, compensation, rewarding, and performance appraisal supporting the customer oriented strategies.
- Differences and Complementariness in Product Manufacturing, Sales and Service work and their HRM systems.
- Developing a customer oriented service culture.
- Understanding of Personality dimensions, motivation, leadership and so on at micro level and organization design, structure, culture and so on at macro level.
- Managing Knowledge, employee engagement, and talent management.
- Strategic Human Resource Management issues of “best practices”, “fit”, and “flexibility”.
- Strategic Human Resource Management issues in representative industries: IT/Business Process Outsourcing, Healthcare, financial service/professional services, Sales, and Manufacturing.
Schedule & Duration
- Friday 6:45 PM – 9:45 PM
- 1 Year
- Theory & Practical Inputs
- Case study approach.
- Assignments, E-Learning, & Business Simulation
Who Should Attend
Working graduates. Executives looking forward to making a career in HRM or assuming senior management roles may apply.
- Applicants should be working professionals/self-employed
- Graduates (10+2+3) in any discipline with min. 50% marks [aggregate- considering results of all years (e.g. 3 or 4 together)] recognized by UGC/AICTE.
- Minimum 2 years of work experience
- Selection will be based on entrance test
- Retail Applications + credentials and Corporate Nominations from Multiple Corporate
- Applicants will be selected based on their profile & work exposure
- Selection will be Moderate
For Indian Students
|Application Fee||INR 2000/- + GST|
|Program Fee||INR 1,80,000/- + GST|
|Registration Fee||INR 4,500/- + GST|
|Campus Fee||INR 30,000/- + GST|
|Total Fee (Exclusive of Application Fee)||INR 2,14,500/- + GST|
- GST (currently @ 18%) will be charged at previling rates.
- Last Date of Application: 29th Mar, 2019
- Selection List Date: 05th Apr, 2019
- Last Date for Payment of 1st installment: 21st April, 2019
- Orientation and briefing: April, 2019
- Class Start Date: TBD
|Installment||Date||Amount INR||Amount USD|
|I||As per offer letter||(INR 72,000/- + INR 4,500/-) + GST||NA|
|II||28th July 2019||INR 54,000/- + GST||NA|
|III||23rd October 2019||INR 84,000 + GST||NA|
- Basics of Human Resources Management
- Organisational Behaviour
- Strategic HRM
- Contemporary Talent Management
- General Management
During IIMC Campus Visit (Tentative list of modules, may change)
- Economics of HRM
- Cross cultural issues in HRM
- Statistical Tools for HRM
- Contemporary Issues in HRM
- Employer Branding
IIM Calcutta shall carry out the examination and evaluation required for certification. IIM Calcutta will directly award a certificate of completion to participants who complete the programme successfully. Giving feedback is an integral part of the completion requirements of the programme.
The overall course – EPHRM, was designed and co-ordinated perfectly. In all there were 6 modules, covering core HRM topics as well as strategy, general management and a final integration module at campus. The delivery mechanism at Hughes was near flawless and going through this one year program has been an overall enriching experience, over and above the valuable certification. The course design comprising literature, case studies, exams and project was as ehaustive as any; and IIM-C’s deep rooted heritage and excellence in academics was a significant value add.
Hughes Begumpet Centre in Hyderabad was excellent in terms of both technical and administrative support. There were negligible technical glitches and the staff were always ready on hand to sort any small issues that did come up. The ambience, lighting and air conditioning was indeed conducive to the learning experience.
The staff at Begumpet Hyderabad were ever friendly and helpful; with timely SMS updates and and always open to suggestions. Technical services was near faultless and kudos to the team for maintaining quality.
Vivimed Labs Ltd.
Please fill in your contact details in the form and our sales team will get in touch with you shortly.